2.02.2010

And The Fear Sets In...



So far, as I have been thinking about India, I have been so excited that I hadn't really thought about the kinds of risks I would be taking. That was until almost everyone I talked to told me "you will get sick. there's no way around it."or "I went to India once. I almost died." Just what I want to hear...

For the last few days I've really been thinking about this, but really it's not about me. The fear of getting sick is not going to keep me from going on this trip and serving the Lord. I know that He will surround us and protect us, and even if we do get sick he will be there to comfort us. Worrying about it isn't going to make things any better. Matthew 6:34 says "Do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." We must trust that God will care for us and keep us healthy. Its a risk that must be taken, but I believe it's more than worth it! As I continue to work at "living by faith" I am realizing that this fear of sickness is just a way that God is testing me to ensure that I am up for the challenge. I just have to trust in him that everything will work out. As Psalm 55:22 says "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Maybe I will get sick. Who knows? Only God knows what lies ahead and we just have to trust that He will take care of us. There is no sense worrying about this now. Worrying won't get me anywhere. If it happens, well then it happens, and I just pray that we make it back safely. "Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you." Exodus 23:25

No comments:

Post a Comment