1.27.2010

What are we getting ourselves into?

So I realized that I really don't know much about where the team will be travelling and what it will be like when we get there. I decided to do some research using the book Opperation World by Patrick Johnstone and Jason Mandryk. I love this book. It's set up like a daily devotional that highlights the different nations of the world and explains the status as far as missions go in each country. Oddly enough the section on India is meant to be read from May 31-June 16. Almost the same dates that we will be there. (Coincidence? I think not!)


I know that there is a lot of religious controversy in this region especially but I didn't realize just how extreme it actually is. 64.2% of the population is Muslim, 32.2% is Hindu, 2.2% is Sikh, 1.2% is Bhddhist, and only a very small 0.16% is Christian. I guess this really is a region that hasn't been exposed to the gospel. I can't wait to get there and love on these people...

No comments:

Post a Comment